TEXAS COLLEGE > About Texas College > Quick Facts
- Tyler, Texas – 100 miles east of Dallas and 90 miles west of Shreveport
- 1894 by a group of ministers of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church (CME Church)
- Texas College is an affiliate of the CME Church
Majors & Degrees
- Offers 12 baccalaureate degree programs within four divisions: Business and Social Sciences; General Studies and Humanities; Education; and Natural and Computational Science. Majors may be declared in: Biology, Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, English, Interdisciplinary Studies, Liberal Studies, Mathematics, Music, Religion, Social Work, and Sociology. The College offers two associate of arts degrees in Early Childhood Education and General Studies. Texas College also has an Alternative Certification Teacher Education program for persons who have already earned a bachelor’s degree. The SUCCESS Program is a specially designed degree completion program for working adults who want to enhance their professional growth and development with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration.
- Two semesters – Fall and Spring sessions
- Certificate of authority to award degrees from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Fully Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Faculty to Students – 1:20
- Offers eligible students financial assistance in the form of miscellaneous scholarships, Pell Grants, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG), Tuition Equalization Grants (TEG), college work-study, and federal loans (if eligible).
- Participates in intercollegiate competition in football, baseball, men and women’s basketball, men and women’s soccer, track, women’s softball, and women’s volleyball.
- Academic Development Center
- Career Planning and Placement Center
- Counseling Center