Employment Listings: Administrative Assistant
||1 - 3 years
||Jun 3, 2019
|Bachelor’s degree and three years of office work experience required. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office; excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative fashion; timely in the completion of tasks; maintains the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
Provides administrative support to Vice President to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the department. Responsible for providing clerical, administrative and project support to the department. Maintains a current knowledge of appropriate college and department policies, processes and procedures in an effort to assure efficiency and integrity of the office.
1. Provides administrative support as directed by Vice President.
2. Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of issues.
3. Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in administrative problem solving.
4. Organizes and facilitates meetings and special events as requested; schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities; takes minutes, and provides administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings.
5. Establishes and maintains organized and efficient files and records for the Vice President; gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain records, files and databases. Responsible for the administration, security, confidentiality, and retention of office files.
6. Assists in the coordination, control, and completion of special projects as requested.
7. Serves as an integral component in staff, faculty and student activities as directed by Vice President.
8. Other job-related duties as assigned.