Employment Listings: Athletic Trainer
||1 - 2 years
||Apr 29, 2022
|QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in athletic training or a related field; Texas Athletic Trainer License (permanent or temporary in good standing); CPR & AED Certification (current); one-two years of experience as head or associate athletic trainer; basic use of computer based injury tracking programs, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; excellent understanding of advanced athletic training; general knowledge of rehabilitation protocol.
1. Liaison with coaches, parents, athletes, and physicians.
2. Athletic training services – prevention, care and treatment of athletic injuries including CPR and use of AED when necessary.
3. Evaluate physical condition and advise and treat student athletes in order to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic completion.
4. Prescribe routine and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles.
5. Render first aid to injured players.
6. Coordinate with physicians and therapists to provide consistent rehabilitation therapy for athletic injuries.
7. Establish a schedule for coverage of athletic training room hours of operation.
8. Plan and develop in-service education.
9. Assists in developing student health programs, policies and procedures.
10. Perform other job duties as assigned.